Sunday, February 03, 2008

SUPER SUNDAY


It is Super Sunday! The day that all of your winning NFL futures can finally redeem themselves.
Congradulations to the New York Giants that proved all of the doubters wrong. Before the season started people had them in last place, where I had them a healthy 10-6 playoff team. People dogged Eli Manning to death, but here he is in the Super Bowl.
My Plays
( futures)
Pats SB, 2.5 units to win 30 ( 12/1)
Pats SB, 11 units to win 110 ( 10/1)
(play)
Pats -12, 5 units to win 5 units
- I added a 5 unit against the spread play on the Patriots to bump my potential winnings to 145 units. It probably isn't the smartest thing in the world to have even more money riding on this game, but I really feel that the Patriots win and cover. That spread was 14 points before all the hoopla about Bradys foot. The Giants did only lose by 3 earlier in the year, but they played almost a flawless game and still lost. If the Patriots play better or the Giants play worse this game has a higher win margin. The flat surface and better weather are more friendly to the passing game and I expect the Pats to look strong and put the cherry on top of this magnificent season.
All of those hedges I had against my pats futures don't matter anymore. The big game is here. In fact, I believe that 12 point spread is too low and that the Patriots will cover. Brady should have 4 touchdowns and I would lean to the over in this game as well. I don't see how the Pats score less than 35 points, and in fact I give them 41. They could score even higher but they should have the lead and be working on the clock.
Prediction
Patriots 41
Giants 17
MVP: None other than Mr. Tom Brady





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]